Belonging

I never thought I'd belong to anyone,
Being the one who talks to her from dawn to dusk,
Providing her with the love and affection she deserves,
My shoulder to lean on after a long stressful day,
My lips to kiss her tired lips when she is tired of talking,
My body to cover hers and warm her when she's cold under the sheets.

I never thought I'd belong to anyone,
I thought I'd always be the one who cared too much,
the one who was cheated on,
lied to,
and taken advantage of.

I never thought I'd belong to anyone,
I thought I'd never find the woman of my dreams,
Who cared about me like I cared about her,
that would loved me like I loved her,
Who missed me like I miss her,

I never thought I'd belong to anyone,
or someone would belong to me.
I thought I'd be alone like I was used to,
I would pursue relationships that would fall apart before they even begin,
Go on dates without any chemistry or spark,
and lie to myself that my partner actually cares about me.

But when I met her,
everything changed.

I am  proudly hers,
My shoulder to lean on,
My hairy chest to cry into,
My heart to beat for her when hers is heavy with fear.

I am hers,
I love and cherish her like she loves me,
I care so much for her because she does too.
I don't fear being cheated on or taken advantage of by her,
Because I know it would hurt her just as much as it would hurt me.

I am hers,
I can't imagine being without her now,
Every date was magical,
every night spontaneous,
every hug warm,
every kiss passionate.

I never thought I'd belong to anyone,
But I thank her everyday that I do.
I share every detail of my life with her,
Although the distance that separates us prevents me from holding her in my arms now,
My mind is constantly dancing with her image,
The sound of her beautiful voice singing only for my ears,
The look of desire in her face that undresses me quietly.

I never thought I'd belong to anyone,
But I am yours forever,
and will be for as long as I breathe.
There will be thousands of sunsets that we will watch together,
Each one special in its own way,
But I could never forget that first sunset we watched together,
The one where I became yours.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Candy

The Bridge between Hearts

The Mating of Souls