The Mating of Souls

I will never forget the moment you stepped into my life,

With your speedwalking from the station, 

With the look of worry

That our booking was lost because of the delay.

I basked in your beauty and energy.



While my initial modesty in your alluring presence was misunderstood as intimidation,

I told you about my world,

And bored you with history lessons,

And made you laugh with my shit jokes.



I loved sitting across from you 

Looking longingly into your beautiful eyes,

while you told me about your family, your job, your dreams for the future,

All the while I hoped and prayed that I would be part of it.



At the end of the night, 

I didn't want the date to end,

I joined you to the station even though it was the wrong direction for me,

I savoured every second I was able to spend with you then,

As I still do.


I met my soulmate that fateful night,

A future with which was written in the stars.

While you just wanted to be friends,

I knew from the bottom of my heart I wanted more.



I'm so incredibly lucky I met you,

I will always cherish our time together,

The laughs, the love and the vibes.

May the tale of the mating of our souls,

Be told by generations to come,

The perfect love story that defied the odds,

And turned mates into lovers,

And one day lovers into something more.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Candy

The Bridge between Hearts